Being a home owner is more than just having a roof over your head. Home ownership instills feelings of comfort, security, stability and pride. In addition to these benefits are other important social benefits for families and communities: Higher Academic Achievement, More Cohesive Communities, Better Connected Families, Improved Health and Safety, and Strengthens Local Economies. Find out if you qualify for a habitat home and how to apply today, or find alternative resources for housing.
If you can answer yes to all of these questions, you are eligible to apply
- Have you lived in service area for 1 year?
- Are you a US citizen or have evidence of permanent residency?
- Do you meet the income guidelines (25%-60% of area median income)?
- Do you have a credit score(FICO) of 620 or higher?
- Are you willing to pay a $2,000 down payment ($1,000 within first 6 months in program/$1,000 by closing)?
- Are you willing to contribute sweat equity (250 hours for single adult family/400 hours for 2+ adult family)?
- Are you willing to attend all homeowner education classes?
- Are you willing to take on a 20 year non-profit mortgage?