If you can answer yes to all of these questions, you are eligible to apply
- Have you lived in service area for 1 year?
- Are you a US citizen or have evidence of permanent residency?
- Do you meet the income guidelines (25%-60% of area median income)?
- Do you have a credit score(FICO) of 620 or higher?
- Are you willing to pay a $2,000 down payment ($1,000 within first 6 months in program/$1,000 by closing)?
- Are you willing to contribute sweat equity (250 hours for single adult family/400 hours for 2+ adult family)?
- Are you willing to attend all homeowner education classes?
- Are you willing to take on a 20 year non-profit mortgage?
If eligible, the application process can take 3 to 4 months. The process begins with completion of the program application and submission of requested documents. The documents required are:
- Most recent tax return
- W-2 forms
- Most recent pay stubs
- Copy of all recent bills
- Bank statement
- Birth certificate
- Picture identification
- Copy of any public assistance verification
- Proof of residency or if applicable, copy of Notice of Action letter
- Contact information for former(if less than a year)/current employer and landlord
A meeting will be set up with Habitat Rockland’s Family Service Coordinator or a Family Selection Volunteer to review the application and materials for completeness and two in-home interviews will be conducted. Your application will then be reviewed by the Family Selection Committee and a recommendation for acceptance into the homeownership program will be forwarded to the Executive Director who will submit it for approval from the Board of Directors.
Please contact us: